Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Sadfleck

Ediot
Reaction score
I'm a big fan. One of the first anime I made it all the way through. Everything about it is great, and it has a lot of appeal for people who otherwise may not be interested in Chinese Cartoons.

2nd season isn't as strong as the first, but is still well worth watching and has a really satisfying ending.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
I'm a big fan. One of the first anime I made it all the way through. Everything about it is great, and it has a lot of appeal for people who otherwise may not be interested in Chinese Cartoons.

2nd season isn't as strong as the first, but is still well worth watching and has a really satisfying ending.
Thought about going right into 2nd GIG but I'm gonna let my brain cool down a bit, from it. Watch something a little lighter, in the meantime.

Sadfleck

Ediot
Reaction score
Thought about going right into 2nd GIG but I'm gonna let my brain cool down a bit, from it. Watch something a little lighter, in the meantime.
It's a bit darker than the first season and has a greater scope for the overarcing story (very few stand alone episodes as well) but it's quite good.

While not as good as Stand Alone Complex, give Psyco-Pass a watch if you haven't. It's another good police anime with cyberpunk elements.
2nd season of Psycho-Pass is garbage though and you can probably ignore it completely.

SK2.0

+size butt model
Reaction score
Is it the same story as in the 90s movie of the same name?

Because I didn´t get that.

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score
the movie is 10x better but the show is good in it's own way

i always found the shift in genre and tone to be really strange but i think both are enjoyable still

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Can someone recommend some anime for people who generally loathe anime?

I watched the first season of Castlevania and it was kinda okay. I've also seen parts of Vampire Hunter D and that was okay. Neither of them were great.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
Just finished 2nd GIG. The plot was equally compelling and I really liked the dynamic of 'Kuze', the nominal antagonist and the sneaky secondary antagonist, that bald guy with the scars. His name is so forgettable lol. Anyway, pretty good for a sequel. Guess all I got to look forwards to is the Solid State Society movie.

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score

I watched the first season of Castlevania and it was kinda okay. I've also seen parts of Vampire Hunter D and that was okay. Neither of them were great.
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop
Kino's Journey
Evangelion
Basically any OVA from the 80s and 90s
Anything by Satoshi Kon

anime didn't become gay weebshit until recently tbh

devanir

Newfag
Reaction score
Never bothered with the Stand Alone series. I liked the movie well enough (especially the visuals) but wasn't really sold on the story.
I recently started re-watching Death Note since I was commissioned to translate it in my language. All I'll say is that the TSR subs are the best and I'll never get why L didn't get his own series.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop
Kino's Journey
Evangelion
Anything by Satoshi Kon

Thanks, I’ll look them up.

Also, which is generally better: anime in series form or movie form?

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Never bothered with the Stand Alone series. I liked the movie well enough (especially the visuals) but wasn't really sold on the story.

I recently started re-watching Death Note since I was commissioned to translate it in my language. All I'll say is that the TSR subs are the best and I'll never get why L didn't get his own series.
Thanks, I’ll look up Death Note

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score

What language?

Baka

#1 German American
Reaction score
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop
Kino's Journey
Evangelion
Anything by Satoshi Kon

Samurai Champloo is missing from that list