Is Black Lagoon any good?

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
Thinking about watching it next, but I'd like someone's opinions on it.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
Good to know, I only got invested into watching it after I saw a short clip of Rock arguing with Revy. There was some serious character elements at play there.

chuj

a regular degenerate; lowest of the low
Reaction score
i liked it,
it's definitely unique from what i remember, for me it felt like a cross between Bebop and Darker Than Black, if that's your thing go for it. although it can get a little edgy at times

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
I'm on ep. 7 right now. Man what a ride. I wonder what Revy's deal is though? She had a bad experience with cops? Something else to that.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
She got molested by a cop.
Yeah. Just finished the whole series including OVA. She got raped by a cop, and had a shitty life in general. That OVA was the perfect wrap-up to the series. Though as I understand it, the manga is ongoing.

oddguy

appointed mod by retarded criminal 5 times and cou
Reaction score
No it is overrated and boring

I don't know how anyone can enjoy a show that centers around gunfights that last entire arcs, when entire armies of professional mercenaries can't hit any of the main characters with a bullet when they are standing out in the open chatting. There is no suspense because the show makes it so painfully obvious no one is in actual danger that I can't stay invested.

Aroukar

Ancient Eulogist
Reaction score
No it is overrated and boring

I don't know how anyone can enjoy a show that centers around gunfights that last entire arcs, when entire armies of professional mercenaries can't hit any of the main characters with a bullet when they are standing out in the open chatting. There is no suspense because the show makes it so painfully obvious no one is in actual danger that I can't stay invested.
I noticed that. The bad guys suffer from stormtrooper syndrome. My takeaway was that the gunfights were incidental, and the show's focus is on the characters working with the cards they are dealt with in each arc.

Top Bottom