what is something you have created / contributed to?

Reaction score
currently desoldering a bunch of tact switches on an mpc2000xl. most of these machines are beaten to death but occasionally you will find one which looks great yet has no ability to input any data whatsoever. tact switches being the keyword here...40+ as a ballpark range. each has 4 prongs to desolder, then resolder once you replace it

americans says "flipping" in the context of houses but i bought an oddly rare blue mpc2000xl at what would be considered to be a fair trade (between $600-800 if you know what youre doing). basically, im making this machine work again for anyone who buys it. it'll cost them at least $900 to possibly $1000 if im lucky enough. not posting this as an advertisement, i do this as a hobby first and a side-hustle second for my own reasons

youve heard this track before. this oddly specific machine allows for tracks like this to be made

Reaction score
i agree. america teaches you to sell yourself disproportionately above what is necessary (in order to survive) or well below grade in order to impress people on ebay. it sounds and looks retarded, im fully aware. whats sad is i have to even elaborate on this logic

Demonic

Ediot
Reaction score
currently desoldering a bunch of tact switches on an mpc2000xl. most of these machines are beaten to death but occasionally you will find one which looks great yet has no ability to input any data whatsoever. tact switches being the keyword here...40+ as a ballpark range. each has 4 prongs to desolder, then resolder once you replace it

americans says "flipping" in the context of houses but i bought an oddly rare blue mpc2000xl at what would be considered to be a fair trade (between $600-800 if you know what youre doing). basically, im making this machine work again for anyone who buys it. it'll cost them at least $900 to possibly $1000 if im lucky enough. not posting this as an advertisement, i do this as a hobby first and a side-hustle second for my own reasons

youve heard this track before. this oddly specific machine allows for tracks like this to be made
I didn't even know what the hell you were talking about until I looked it up. Aren't there much newer models for cheaper or is that thing the cream of the crop?

Demonic

Ediot
Reaction score
thats the entire point of this thread
Well, I do think it's cool you've got the patience and intelligence to fiddle with something like that. Put that thing in front of me and $600 investment will become a paper weight because I'm clueless when it comes to stuff like that lol

Reaction score
Well, I do think it's cool you've got the patience and intelligence to fiddle with something like that. Put that thing in front of me and $600 investment will become a paper weight because I'm clueless when it comes to stuff like that lol
im trying to post an image for posterity (the desoldering bullshit) but ive been asked if im human like 2x by the thing on my phone just to post here so yeah. do something, even if you fuck shit up. i dont mean "do something" from a moral standpoint, just do something. anything. make an actual difference in reality even if nobody notices and nobody cares

tl;dr: i dont want to be the one who says "HEY, YOU NEED NEED TO /CARE/" because im pretty sure you already do

Last edited:

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score

Btw I didn't read this!

Demonic

Ediot
Reaction score
Well, I guess my contribution/obligation/duty would be the daily upkeep of my home, homeschooling, and caring for my two boys, one of whom is nonverbal autistic. I cook, clean, and make sure the kids are well taken of while my wife works. I also make sure my wife comes home to a nice hot meal and a clean home.
The other things I enjoy doing is going out of my way and putting a smile on workers faces when I go shopping or doing other errands. I know working in the service industry is shit and those people deal with most ungodly people on daily basis, so if I can get them to smile and forget about shit just for a minute, that makes me happy.

TinFoilHatGuy

ปีศาจผิวขาว
Reaction score
I have been building bicycles and giving them away to direlect houseless miscreant drug-addled psychopaths
(a.k.a. people just like me except for the houseless part) nd I just realized if I was willing to suit up,show up and participate in society I could easily start a non-profit, and give away orders of magnitude MOAR bicycles, but the way I am doing it is personal, just for people I know that arent so drug addled that they will fuck off a bike for dope within the first twelve hours of having it, there was a build-@-bike project here in town but the guy who ran it died a couple years ago, and now there are a few like, literal cartels for stolen bicycles around here, I have managed to avoid them while still knowing who they are and not ratting them out, lol noone gives a fuk about stolen bikes except the geeks who they are stolen from, and even they know damn well they deserve it. Anyway my point is the bikes I give away are not stolen, not even any ofthe parts,so I avoid the karmic debt attached to stolen property and the other day, this girl I know gave me a Favorit bike, well, most of it from Czechoslovakia and it had an extraordinarily rare set of Campagnolo cranks with a triple adapter for "Alpine Gearing", lol wut they used in the mountains before mountain bikes were a thing. I saw a pair on Ebay for $500.00 and the guy who I used to build custom bike frames with was the person who described them as "extraordinarily rare". I inherited a custom touring bike from my uncle who died in 1991 of pancreatic cancer, and I am currently in the process of restoring the bike and these alpine geared Campagnolo cranks are, although a bit scratched and scuffed, functionally near new and in great shape so I am really fooking psyched about my project, that has been shoved to the back burner many times in the 32+ years I have owned, or more like been the caretaker of this fine machine. I will edit in some pix l8r after fapping about it for a while.

BiteySnek

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I derived the nature of infinity the other day...

It's like 7 AM... I'm high... on math... oh and weed, but...mostly math.

Did you know that infinity has a shape? I can prove it. The shape of infinity is a sphere.

How can I prove this? Take a perfect sphere and put it in an environment of pure nothing, no gravity, no hyperfluid (space), nothing but that one perfect sphere and nothing to impede it. Now make the sphere roll in every direction at once, at the speed of infinity. All the infinite, infinities should cancel each other out and you should get exactly what you started with... a perfectly perfect stationary sphere... with Pi dancing around it forever mathematically... even though nothing is moving... at all.

So the speed of infinity is always not moving.

Did you know that infinity has an exact number. I can prove it. The exact number of infinity is one.

Because you can take a one and combine it with patterns of nothing to create infinity, like binary.

But we can't do that without an infinitely large field of nothing to do it in. Or, at the very least, a looped continuum large enough to accommodate every possible pattern sequence.

This means that the true value of 1 isn't 1, its actually nothing, because 1 could never be more than 1 without nothing. Because if all you had was 1 thing, then that 1 thing would be quantified as nothing by relative comparison to nothing else but itself.

That is, if you destroy every apple in physical existence, right down to the last seed... does that negate the apple from existence? Of course not, apples once existed, the possibility of the apple was proven and thus, even in the complete obliteration of all apples... the apple still exists, even in the form of nothing.

So the material substance of an infinity is one thing that can be nothing.

Like binary.

So 1 can be equal to 0 and 0 can be equal to 1.

So infinity is adding or subtracting in different ways to create infinite patterns arrangements.

Binary itself doesn't exist, only the patterned possibilities, which are infinite.

The study of those patterns is called math so math is the study of infinity.

Of the infinite patterned possibilities, you can create redundancy that you call "infinity" in math... but that's not infinity... every form of infinity you have in math is derived from stunting infinity into forms of redundancy. A forever increase or a forever decrease.

This is how infinity is nothing and something simultaneously. Because endlessly adding or subtracting one creates predictability that negates the possibility of there ever being anything but one thing, even if it is infinite.

So even if it repeats endlessly, it would be impossible to tell, like the sphere moving in all directions at once at the same relative speed. Its both stationary and moving in every possible direction at every possible speed, in every possible pattern... so long as they're infinitely relative. So the nature of infinity is symmetry.

Something is nothing and nothing is something. The sphere being the perfect shape of that nature.

Life has symmetry, it is both finite and forever in different wave pattern formations. Like biologically we die individually but continue on communally through procreation.

But on the metaphysical side, the social perception continually dies and gets reborn with each "generation" after the next, while the individual perception never dies at all and remains as immortal as the species can remain functionally extant.

This works in every dimensional context, because everything can be reduced to 1 thing in an infinite number of ways.

So called "reality" is the big favorite.

Some nerds get fancy and start looking for "unified field theories"... there's an infinite number of them, by the by.

They're all just looking at the same single reality in different ways, but no matter the infinite possibilities, it's just one thing when relative.

See, even lies and truth. You know that infinity is truth, because again, it must be relative/symmetrical to work. That is, it only works in tandem. Like telling a story and everyone knows you're telling a story. So you can tell lies while still telling the truth when you're honest about the fact that you're lying.

But if you use lies to disrupt truth, you can't last forever, because infinity relies on tandem symmetry. Communication would crumble to dust and in turn so would your sense of self by relational comparison, since that's all your ever really doing with your sense of self... communicating.

That is, if the binary suffered bit rot and became randomly unreadable, then you'd have nothing, even if you had everything.

So you can destroy infinity with lack of purpose and lack of effort.

That is, if you aren't doing anything with your infinity... does it even really exist?

Top Bottom