Best PC games in your opinion?

1337coomer

Ediot
Reaction score
Minecraft (up to v1.9), no contest. There was always something new in that game, especially on servers and custom maps like CTMs that kept the game fresh for over 10 years. Sad to see the direction it went in after Microsoft acquired it. There will never be another game that so perfectly captures creative open-ended game-play and sense of community that so thoroughly breaks into the mainstream.

FukkenUsername

Dramacrat
Reaction score
I would say Half-Life 2 was the best one I played.

View attachment 81850
I would think some of the old ass PC games that got a modding scene that kept the game and community alive for decades is a good bet, so half life and half life 2 are up there. Quake is also a contender, and it spawned so many clones and derivatives that quake should most likely just be considered its own genere.

Illuminati 2.0

ED Archiver
Reaction score
alley cat
On this?

1692628239011.png

I would think some of the old ass PC games that got a modding scene that kept the game and community alive for decades is a good bet, so half life and half life 2 are up there. Quake is also a contender, and it spawned so many clones and derivatives that quake should most likely just be considered its own genere.
Yeah the older games really hold up good. I had only a few pc games in the 90s so I didn't get to play some of the gems that were around during that decade

Maysam

stapling tapeworms on his penis
Reaction score
inevitably my post in here says: Unreal (1998)
tl;dr: I'm a sucker for first person shooters obviously but Unreal stands out for not being brown unlike Quake and having not shit AI unlike Serious Sam and many modern boomer shooters. I like it when the difficulty depends on more factors than just number of enemies, bullet sponginess and how fast they run at you. Also tbh I hate survival stuff where you constantly run out of ammo. So it's the perfect mix for me. Or at least a solid basis that could be cautiously improved upon.

Reaction score
pretty much all of them suck besides dead money
I liked most of the DLC , they seemed pretty good especially since they increased the level cap which was only 30 in the original. At level 30 you can only max out 7 skills at level 50 your godlike in new vegas.

Reaction score
Dead Money. Absolute torture to play through and once you get to the end you can take gold bars but they weigh a ton and are not worth dropping your guns or items over. The exploding radios were also a fucking nightmare along with the poison gas.
Yeah its much more a survival horror than action-RPG game and the sound things are a pain in the ass.

Illuminati 2.0

ED Archiver
Reaction score
Yeah its much more a survival horror than action-RPG game and the sound things are a pain in the ass.
Most of the DLC's in both new vegas and fallout 3 sucked with the exception of broken steel. Dead Money was just dull and didn't add anything to the game when the main story was decent.

Top Bottom