8cake

Newfag
Reaction score
I still got the same prebuilt, thinking of actually building one if I were to get a job and save up this summer.

(History repeats itself)
Even getting rid of the thermal throttling via a case with actual airflow would be a nice upgrade. The PSUs in prebuilts are often proprietary so you might need to buy a new one too.

SuperChongus

Dramacrat
Reaction score
honestly at this point i'd be shocked if zander managed to put together a pc without burning the house down or tard raging and biting a microcenter employee in the face hard enough to need stitches or some shit
from how the microcenter employees are forced to act
i wouldn't blame him.

i just want four fucking ironwolf drives. i don't give two flying fucks about whatever enclosures or sata cables you have.

Likeicare

Always right
Reaction score
our computer store staff operate with the understanding that while they are there to help with advice and suggestions if you ask, pretty much anyone coming into the store knows what they want and not to try to sell anything to them

SuperChongus

Dramacrat
Reaction score
our computer store staff operate with the understanding that while they are there to help with advice and suggestions if you ask, pretty much anyone coming into the store knows what they want and not to try to sell anything to them
that is very reasonable.
if someone looks clueless (they're in the legacy shit department and have no fucking clue what the null modem cable they're holding is for) then point them in the right direction

ZZZandeRRR

Dramacrat
Reaction score
my dad could probably help me build a pc if he wasn't so apprehensive about installing cpus and accidentally breaking the pins

our fine motor skills are shit.

my dad got some guy named mcdermott to build him his last pc (the one I used before I bought mine) but that was in 2010.*

mcdermott's store closed down a few years back and apparently he is appointment only now.

*going back to the processor debacle, it still has an i7-920 and ddr3 ram in it. even the most recent upgrade was in 2016 when my dad put a 1070 and a 750w psu in it.

SuperChongus

Dramacrat
Reaction score
tbh amd is better there
so long as you don't tardrage the cpu in, the pins are forgiving
intel is very easy to rape the socket. i usually align the left side and gently let the cpu down rather than dropping it in flat.

8cake

Newfag
Reaction score
tbh amd is better there
so long as you don't tardrage the cpu in, the pins are forgiving
intel is very easy to rape the socket. i usually align the left side and gently let the cpu down rather than dropping it in flat.
AMD's latest socket (2022) isn't pin grid array though

SuperChongus

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Just finished building this. Yes, assembled from parts. Has an 11700K and a 3060 for now
Will bump it to a 3080 and 64gb ram later.

P_20240217_232147.png

Thermals need some work, will probably scrape all of the OEM pads and grease and replace.
But an awesome bohemoth of a laptop.

SuperChongus

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Did i say its a bad thing

Youre the only person im not interested in talking about games to
yeah it's quite the shit how 20 years changed tech

when oblivion was first released you needed a damn good machine for it
nowadays a rog ally eats it like cake

i really want a modern game that does capture a lot of oblivion's aspects.

SuperChongus

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Nothing beats playing morrowind and having to wait 20 seconds for each cell to load as youre walking around
oh that fucking shit
just randomly wandering

"loading area"

oblivion does that but it seems like a minor blip compared to morrowind taking the time to bring up that little window, progress bar to 100 and then clear
i did like morrowind's fully customizable menu tho

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score
Just finished building this. Yes, assembled from parts. Has an 11700K and a 3060 for now
Will bump it to a 3080 and 64gb ram later.

View attachment 90437
Thermals need some work, will probably scrape all of the OEM pads and grease and replace.
But an awesome bohemoth of a laptop.
That’s pretty cool looking. I also spy a protractor and a calculator next to each other which is their proper location.

Illuminati 2.0

ED Archiver
Reaction score
Oblivion is really strange in that it has probably the best designed and written quests for a bethesda game, but easily the worst dungeons
100% this. Skyrim is still entertaining with the caves and forts that look different inside and random events, but Oblivion seems to have endless locations that all look the same after a while. Oblivion gates also have pretty much the same pattern.

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score
100% this. Skyrim is still entertaining with the caves and forts that look different inside and random events, but Oblivion seems to have endless locations that all look the same after a while. Oblivion gates also have pretty much the same pattern.
If you're playing oblivion, you just do the quests and ignore all the optional dungeons.

Sneed

Camel Sock
Reaction score
that's a brand I haven't heard from in awhile
post pics plz
The LF3 just came out like 4 days ago, and I still gotta get a PSU before I put the new rig together
Not to mention I might take the fans off and replace them with some Noctua Industrials

Top Bottom