Reaction score
The one and only modding thread on EDF. Talk about modding consoles, how to mod, ask for help with bricks/errors/corruptions etc. Any consoles welcome here. i'll start.
found my old modded wii in the basement recently while looking for something else entirely. and when i get my switch fixed im planning to mod it too.

Last edited:

nekobit

Ediot
Reaction score
This is _definitely_ not the right place to post this, but I've been working on translating / modding the PSP version of Doko Demo Issyo.

1691443003972.png

1691443089328.png

This has taken lots of time because I had to reverse engineer the DATA.BP format and nerd bullshit like that. But it's making progress.

Moar: https://ddi-en.nekobit.net/

I have some good discordfag drama regarding my translation if anyone wants to hear :^)

Fat

Asian Phones Suck Ass
Reaction score
This is _definitely_ not the right place to post this, but I've been working on translating / modding the PSP version of Doko Demo Issyo.

View attachment 81168
View attachment 81169

This has taken lots of time because I had to reverse engineer the DATA.BP format and nerd bullshit like that. But it's making progress.

Moar: https://ddi-en.nekobit.net/

I have some good discordfag drama regarding my translation if anyone wants to hear :^)
That game looks lit

Illuminati 2.0

ED Archiver
Reaction score
of all the consoles i've done, 3ds is the safest. You just go to a website or copy some shit over to your sd card. its pretty fun too, lotta colors

Just don't update to the latest 3ds version right now. They patched the shits
I have an old 3DS XL that I bought in 2018.

Give me a link to the update version I should use.

Steve

Dramacrat
Reaction score
The 3DS ecosystem for modding is big and I recommend it for anyone as it is IMO the best way to play pretty much any emulated game on the go because it has EMUs or bootstrappers for pretty much every console that could realistically run. Way better than playing emulated games on your phone for obvious regions and is much smaller than buying a steam deck so its realistically portable. The new model has a significantly faster CPU than the old one so some homebrew may just not work on the old 3ds like the PS1 and N64 emulator. Piracy is also made easy with the hShop always being an option to download pretty much every 3DS software ever made even including stuff like DSiWare in its shop. The hacks guide Nekobit posted above is the one you would want to use because its noob friendly.

My friend has 2 great videos on 3DS homebrew and I would check them out if you wanna learn some cool software you can download

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have an RGHed Xbox 360. It’s been quite the learning experience. Not a lot of hombrew unfortunately. But it is nice to be able to back up games from disc. Or obtain copies through the internet for both 360 and og Xbox titles. Modding online is fun for like 30min lol. But I love finding tools or trainers to use noclip on some of my old favorite titles. Another really awesome thing is if you find debug builds of games or unreleased games in general. Pretty neat.

Spock

Newfag
Reaction score
I have an RGHed Xbox 360. It’s been quite the learning experience. Not a lot of hombrew unfortunately. But it is nice to be able to back up games from disc. Or obtain copies through the internet for both 360 and og Xbox titles. Modding online is fun for like 30min lol. But I love finding tools or trainers to use noclip on some of my old favorite titles. Another really awesome thing is if you find debug builds of games or unreleased games in general. Pretty neat.
Was debating modding one myself since they're really not that expensive. How often do you have to go through KVs? That's the only downside I'm seeing since I'd want to play online (not necessarily to hack, just because I'd rather not have two 360s hooked up to use for different things).

Reaction score
Was debating modding one myself since they're really not that expensive. How often do you have to go through KVs? That's the only downside I'm seeing since I'd want to play online (not necessarily to hack, just because I'd rather not have two 360s hooked up to use for different things).
[/QUOTE
Honestly I’ve bought a total of 4 kvs. In my experience it’s sometimes difficult to find a good reputable kv seller or vendor. But depending on which stealth server you use (paid ones are the way to go) most of them have a “no kv” mode which essentially just streams a kv to your console on boot up, so if you get banned, simply reboot your console and a new one will automatically be streamed and boom, instant unban.

my 3 years of having an rgh I’ve gotten only 1 kv banned. Ms seems to put out random ban waves. But most stealth servers are equipped to bypass all the security checks, but sometimes it still happens.A kv is pretty cheap these days too. If you have another 360 laying around you could mod it, and take its kv using a usb stick.

Spock

Newfag
Reaction score
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I assume these stealth servers that stream the kv are more expensive since you technically don't have to pay for the new kv?

Reaction score
it depends on what you think is expensive. The way the prices work is that, you buy time. IE: 1 day = $3, 3 days is $3.49 a week is $6.30. (These are not exact, just ballpark from memory) The higher amount of time you buy, the better the deal. And most stealth servers cost about the same more or less. Like yeah, some of the servers that offer more features are gonna be about 3-5$ more expensive (roughly, things might have changed since I last checked)

and using the no kv mode doesn’t cost extra, it’s featured in most popular stealth servers. The only downside to using no kv mode is that sometimes all the “slots” are taken up by other users if that particular server has reached its capacity.

I’d advise joining a discord that is provided from whatever server you choose to get info on outages, no free slots, banwaves ect ect.

dropdatwat

Leonardo dank Vinci
Reaction score
The 3DS ecosystem for modding is big and I recommend it for anyone as it is IMO the best way to play pretty much any emulated game on the go because it has EMUs or bootstrappers for pretty much every console that could realistically run. Way better than playing emulated games on your phone for obvious regions and is much smaller than buying a steam deck so its realistically portable. The new model has a significantly faster CPU than the old one so some homebrew may just not work on the old 3ds like the PS1 and N64 emulator
jailbroken analogue pocket is objectively better unless you really want to play ps1 and n64 on the go

walter_spencer_1488

Mexican Animal Abuser
Reaction score
I softmodded my PlayStation®2 with the FreeDVDBoot.elf program that finally able to softmod your PlayStation®2 In 2020/2019 IDK but yeah!

• I Fapped
Reactions: Fat
Reaction score
Not really a mod, but I also have a retroid pocket 3+ and it’s amazing. Plays everything from nes to Dreamcast with no lag. Ps2 and GameCube titles will run okay some flawless some unplayable. It’s also great for psp emulation and psp iso hacks.

Top Bottom