itt post your favorite anime

TinFoilHatGuy

ปีศาจผิวขาว
Reaction score
4FB7C1E7-36EF-44E9-BA8E-FD612D93D335.jpeg

lmao only one I ever knew about before I heard the word "anime"

Reactions: Fat
Reaction score
not really into anime (irony *points at my own av*) but if i had to name one or two which were profound and at least worth watching, order to stop construction (theres like 10 ways to translate the title into english but google should point you in the right direction) annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd i dunno...dead leaves. latter has really fucked up animation

edit: actually the latter is probably one of the last good examples of "what the fuck am i watching. its incredible", now that i think about it. its been years but those two stand out

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
the original movie is the only one that's really good, the rest are fine but not really on that level
The first one is kind of special in that it still had most of the late 80s cyberpunk vibe, almost entirely traditionally animated and had great writing and direction.
The two later iterations were good as well, but had lost that vibe and vividness, generally everything depicted felt less alive.
The two SAC series were good but could easily have had their plotlines condensed to two thirds their length without losing anything important.

Sleepy

Top G
Reaction score
The first one is kind of special in that it still had most of the late 80s cyberpunk vibe, almost entirely traditionally animated and had great writing and direction.
The two later iterations were good as well, but had lost that vibe and vividness, generally everything depicted felt less alive.
The two SAC series were good but could easily have had their plotlines condensed to two thirds their length without losing anything important.
From what I understand SAC is more in-line with the manga while the movies are kind of their own thing, but I've never read the Mangas so I can't say if that's true or not

Lovecraft

14 cats in a trenchcoat
Reaction score
From what I understand SAC is more in-line with the manga while the movies are kind of their own thing, but I've never read the Mangas so I can't say if that's true or not
Big EH to that.
The mangos are very different, same for pretty much all of Masamune Shirovs animu adaptions. As much GITS animu as there is you'd think the manga is some large piece of work, but actually there's not all that much of it, and fully half of it is the author crawling up his own ass with technobabble. The Arise series and later is just the author doing a cashgrab after spending all his hentai artbook money on hookers and blow, basically written for Netflix.

The one that stayed truest to the manga source is probably the Dominion Tank Police OVA series, which incidentally is fucking great.
Hueg glam metal hair, cyborg catgirls in leotards, lowbrow humour and action.

Top Bottom