music industry = a joke

Crassmeister

Cocks are freeeeee
Reaction score
not talking about actual music or musicians - just the parasites-nuts who control the sales and marketing of what the musicians make

we can always start with the grammy awards

And i would still like to know why Ye has 25 grammys. Good music or not, what makes him so fucking magical? Dozens of world-famous acts, who have sold far more records than he, have never won a single grammy. Taylor Swift has "only 14" of the fucking things.

i'd also like to know why Beyonce has 32 of them.....

Demonic

Dramacrat
Reaction score
not talking about actual music or musicians - just the parasites-nuts who control the sales and marketing of what the musicians make

And i would still like to know why Ye has 25 grammys. Good music or not, what makes him so fucking magical? Dozens of world-famous acts, who have sold far more records than he, have never won a single grammy. Taylor Swift has "only 14" of the fucking things.

Nigger coddling

Steve

Dramacrat
Reaction score
Ye is a visionary who continues to push the art of hip-hop forward with every new album and is the most influential nigga in the game, 100% deserving of his GOAT status. He’s never dropped a bad album and even when he made a pop album it was still AOTY material. He’s dropping a new album on the 9th, you should check out Vultures and get your mind blown.

Crassmeister

Cocks are freeeeee
Reaction score
Ye is a visionary who continues to push the art of hip-hop forward with every new album and is the most influential nigga in the game, 100% deserving of his GOAT status. He’s never dropped a bad album and even when he made a pop album it was still AOTY material.
Trevor Phillips, who also previously worked for West's fashion brand Yeezy, filed a lawsuit Tuesday, saying he suffered "severe discrimination, harassment, and retaliation" by West, who now goes by Ye.

Phillips accuses West of comparing himself to Adolf Hitler, saying he wanted to shave students' heads and lock them in cages.

The lawsuit also spells out alleged threats of physical violence, inappropriate sexual behavior, and anti-LGBTQ comments.

Reaction score

i think i can answer this one confidently. my theory is that money is being exchanged behind closed doors. its more than "theyve sold out" and "im an influential artist" (hint: art doesnt exist. assets do exist, on the other hand). the consumer - or rather the "fan" as theyve billed it for half a century - is a literal asset which can be used against the musician. in fact, you can manipulate the fans against the musician, easily, while owning a record label

think: some people who really dont know what theyre referring to say things like "its not what you know, its who you know". these people fail to put the two together - "its what you know about them". blackmail, in other words. its been common in the industry since it was invented, look no further than david allen coe

Steve

Dramacrat
Reaction score
His name deadass TREVOR PHILIPS (you know the protagonist from GTA 5) like this is another fake hit piece and it doesn't take much thinking to realize, this is not the first time there've been outlandish allegations before and this is just another stick on the pile.

Quence

Gay man
Reaction score

I completely agree. The Great, the Incomparable, and the Beautiful Norah Jones has won only 9 Grammy Awards. Obviously, that is a total outrage! Norah has more talent in her pinkie finger than all ofthose aforementioned Grammy winners COMBINED.

weedville

done fucked up
Reaction score
His name deadass TREVOR PHILIPS (you know the protagonist from GTA 5) like this is another fake hit piece and it doesn't take much thinking to realize, this is not the first time there've been outlandish allegations before and this is just another stick on the pile.
This reminds me of talking to a Avenge Sevenfold fan and bring up when they copied Metallica one for one. His argument was "Dude, everyone copies from Metallica".
Exact same vibes here.

Top Bottom