lurk

Dramacrat
Reaction score
1694454963287.png

Harris Wolobah, a healthy 14-year-old from Worcester, Massachusetts, tragically died last Friday, hours after eating a single ultra-spicy tortilla chip seasoned with two of the hottest peppers in the world.
The teen's mother, Lois Wolobah, reportedly picked up her son from school that day after getting a call from the nurse that he was sick. She arrived to see him clutching his stomach and took him home. About two hours later, he lost consciousness and was rushed to the hospital, where he died.
The teen had told his mother that he had eaten a Paqui chip—The 2023 Paqui One Chip Challenge chip, to be exact. Each chip is sold individually, wrapped in a foil pouch and packaged in a coffin-shaped box adorned with a skull, snakes, and a Grim Reaper. The box contains the challenge rules, which dare consumers to eat the whole chip and "wait as long as possible before drinking or eating anything"—and, of course, post reactions on social media.
Lois Wolobah believes the chip played a role in the death of her son, who had no known underlying medical conditions.
"I just want there to be an awareness for parents to know that it’s not safe," Wolobah told The New York Times in an article published Wednesday. "It needs to be out of the market completely."
On Thursday, the maker of the Paqui chip—Amplify Snack Brands, a subsidiary of the Hershey Company—announced that it was taking the potentially deadly chip off shelves.
The chip was intended only for adults and carried clear warnings, the company said in a statement. It was not intended for "children or anyone sensitive to spicy foods or who has food allergies, is pregnant or has underlying health conditions."
"We have seen an increase in teens and other individuals not heeding these warnings," the statement went on. "As a result, while the product continues to adhere to food safety standards, out of an abundance of caution, we are actively working with our retailers to remove the product from shelves."
Harris Wolobah's cause of death is not yet determined; it's not certain if the chip is to blame. An autopsy will be conducted, but the results could take up to 12 weeks, according to the Massachusetts Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
FDA approved sauce.

Reaction score
-parent doesn't pay attention to what kid is ingesting
-blames the retailer

many such cases
He most likely had a severe allergic reaction and or underlying condition which caused him to perish; again, the mother should've been more present to her late son's activities. Yeah, I get it he was fourteen, but still, rather than blame the company, take accountability for your own negligence. A payday isn't going to bring your son back from the grave.

Reaction score
He most likely had a severe allergic reaction and or underlying condition which caused him to perish; again, the mother should've been more present to her late son's activities. Yeah, I get it he was fourteen, but still, rather than blame the company, take accountability for your own negligence. A payday isn't going to bring your son back from the grave.
Some parents sell their kids for nothing, its a rough world.

Reaction score
how is it damn impossible for parents to just keep vigilance over their kids eating stuff, especially when it's the hottest chip in the world; how did they not see this coming that this needs parental supervision. Same trend with the burger king pokeball toys and the kinder joy eggs.

Call Me Tim

Boomer
Reaction score
something something something started by a select group of protected people to boost sales for their own product something something something

Amplify Snack owns
SkinnyPop was founded in 2010 in Skokie, Illinois by Andy Friedman and Pam Netzky, with investments from Jeffrey and Michael Eiserman
bought by Hershey

Reaction score
> hush little baby wha wha wha, mamas gonna bake a cake for little baby, baby wants a biscuit covered in oil, his belly is golden slathered in butter,
oh lord who could do such a thing to my sweet little baby boy? Was it those evil monsters at the retard school? What is the cyber bullies? Oh it was those satanic retailers! Grrrr you fucktarded spicy potato chips nonsense give me $1B dollars to me and my little baby or I’ll have this whole fucking facility shut down :angry:

Top Bottom